Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Character Shappa Reya

This character only has one part at the end of the book but it was a significant part to introduce her to the audience for the next book. I based this character off of my aunt whom I have called an Amazon since I was young. She is very tall and muscular and she can definitely take care of herself. The discription in the book is the way I see her. I had taken a picture of her one time when her red hair was shining in the sun and her hair glowed like it was fire. The name Shappa means 'Red Thunder' and the name Reya mean 'Queen' so I named her the Red Thunder Queen. That will become significant in the second book. I thought about just calling her Shappa since she is not a queen just yet, but then I thought it could be a tell-tale sign that she was going to be the queen. Although she has a small part in this first book her involvement with the cursed ones will become more significant and critical in the second and possibly third books.
The personality of Shappa Reya is an extension of my aunt's personality. She doesn't take anything from anybody. She asserts herself and will let you know exactly how she feels and what she is thinking. She is a very strong person. She has been through a lot in her life and she has fought her way through and maintained her life and the life of her children. She is a survivor and I am proud to call her my aunt. For this very fact, I have chosen to immortilize her personality in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment