Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Main Character Kallisto

Well... Now that I have covered all of the characters in my book I guess it's time to discuss the main character. Kallisto is based off of me. I made the main character of the book as an extention of me. Kallisto is the way I wish I could be in many ways. The description of the character is based off of me, minus my flaws. :) The personality of the character is the way I wish I was. I wanted her to have a strong personality, a leader that could take charge, beautiful although she does not see it, and powerful beyond her comprehension. She is the glue that holds the group together. She and Talus are the beginning and the end of the curse, but if Kallisto dies then they all die. And in turn if her brother Kalan dies then she dies. Kalan and Kallisto are tied so closely that whatever affects one affects the other. So if either Kalan or Kallisto die it is the end or, in the case of the curse, it is a new beginning. Kallisto is tied to her brother Kalan, her love Talus, her power source William, and her protector Gabriel. The others, Ramina, Ephiny, and Keira are tied to Kallisto through the ones that are tied to her so it has become a web with Kallisto as the center. She is the central part of the story as other stories are going on around her. You see different perspectives in the book than just Kallisto's but all the stories revolve around Kallisto in some way whether it's to get a perspective of Kallisto that she cannot see herself, or whether it's to deepen a story that ties it all together. It is all surrounding the central story of Kallisto and any perspective that does not show Kallisto is just another step to revealing something that has confused or been unknown to Kallisto throughout the many years.
I hope you enjoyed yet another look into my fantasy world. I apologize that it has been a while since I posted but I have been doing a lot with school, and I spent some much needed time with my son last weekend. I will post more later. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment